If you suffer from lower back pain, enjoying life can be difficult. Lower back pain causes discomfort and prevents you from doing basic activities, including walking, sleeping, and lifting light weights. While lower back pain can diminish your quality of life, this doesn’t have to be the case if you seek the services of a chiropractor. Chiropractors use natural remedies to treat the root cause of your pain for a long-lasting solution. So, if back pain is getting the better of you in Chino, CA, please book an appointment with Pacific Empire Chiropractic for effective treatment.
Causes of Lower Back Pain
Your lower back contains muscles, joints, nerves, bones, and other tissues to support the upper body and provide flexibility. While these structures are strong and flexible, they can be susceptible to injuries and pain.
The common causes of lower back pain include:
- Osteoarthritis: The bones in the spinal column are separated by cartilage to avoid rubbing against each other. Unfortunately, osteoarthritis causes wearing down of the cartilage, causing bones to rub against each other, which leads to pain and stiffness.
- Scoliosis: Infections, trauma, abnormal spinal development, and other causes may lead to an abnormal spine curvature, which compresses nerves and other spinal structures, causing pain.
- Injuries: Car accidents, falls, slips, and sports injuries may damage the structures in your back, causing pain, swelling, and limited mobility.
- Poor posture: Incorrect posture when lifting weights, sleeping, and sitting down may put undue pressure on the spine, causing pain.
- Herniated disc: Aging, injuries, and disc degeneration may cause the vertebrae discs to move out of position. As a result, the herniated disc may compress a nearby nerve, causing pain, tingling, and other unpleasant symptoms.
- Sciatica: Damage or irritation of the sciatic nerve may cause pain that runs from the lower back to the legs.
If you have lower back pain, don’t delay treatment if the pain lingers on for more than a few days. Instead, book an appointment with a chiropractor, and relief will be around the corner.
How Chiropractors Treat Lower Back Pain
Before devising a treatment plan, we diagnose your pain to determine the exact cause. Diagnosis involves scrutinizing your medical records, taking note of your symptoms, and physically examining your lower back to pinpoint the areas of discomfort. If the preliminary findings are inconclusive, we may require X-ray images, CT scans, and MRIs for an accurate diagnosis.
After a proper diagnosis, we may administer the chiropractic treatments below:
- Spinal manipulation to reposition misaligned joints
- Massage therapy for soft tissue injuries
- Cold laser therapy for arthritic pain and pulled muscles
- Lifestyle and nutritional counseling
Schedule an Appointment with Our Chiropractor in Chino, CA
Tired of living with lower back pain in Chino, CA? Please book an appointment with Pacific Empire Chiropractic for pain relief by calling (909) 464-9880.